Monday, March 20, 2017

Hello, Spring ~ FotoBella DT

     Today is officially the first day of Spring, bringing warmer temperatures and new growth. Since I'm fairly new to Distress Crayons, I decided to play with them again in my art journal, using Bo Bunny's Secret Garden Ephemera, Noteworthy, and Chipboard from FotoBella.com.


     
     From the Ephemera, I tore some strips from the book page, inking the edges with Black Soot Distress Ink using my Blending Tool. Then I stamped over them and the background with Prima Marketing's Garden Fable Stamp using Ranger's Jet Black Archival Ink. After a few spritzes of Antique Linen Distress Spray Stain, I went over everything with a coat of Prima Marketing's Clear Gesso to prime it for the Distress Crayons



     
     From Set #1, I used Picked Raspberry and Twisted Citron, from Set #2, Chipped Sapphire, Peeled Paint, and Seedless Preserves, and from Set #3, Antique Linen and Black Soot. Some areas along the right didn't blend so well, but could'v been from not enough gesso. So I used a baby wipe to lighten up some of my colors, and to rub through Tim Holtz' Blossom Stencil. 



      The patterned paper in the middle comes in Bo Bunny's Secret Garden Ephemera. I tore along the edges, and went over them with Black Soot Distress Crayon, blending it with my fingers. Then I added the glittery bird and Hello, Spring banner from the Noteworthy.



     Finally I added the Chipboard strip of grass, next to the grasshopper that I colored with my Distress Crayons! 




     Stop by FotoBella.com for these supplies and more! Thanks for looking!

********************************
Challenges












9 comments:

  1. So eye catching - the colors are beautiful, Thanks so very much for joining us this time at the Crafty Creations Challenge, Elizabeth (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your project is awesome. I love the colour palette you've used. Thank you so much for sharing it with us at OLL challenges Wynn DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. THis is an amazing page ANdrea! Would fit Yonne's theme over at ART-JOURNAL-JOURNEY-CHALLENGE , maybe you want to linkt there as well.
    oxo Susi

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow! so many lovely details, and beautiful colours, a beautiful project.
    Thanks so much for sharing with us at OLL.
    Lynn x
    DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just beautiful Drea! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Things that Fly’ challenge! We hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A fabulous journal page. The colours, stamps and ephemera look wonderful. A perfect greeting for Spring.
    Thank you for joining in with our March challenge "Anything Mixed Media Goes" at Creative Artiste Mixed Media and good luck x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super happy page with such cheerful colours and pretty ephemera. I love that your bird stands out on the page. Thanks for joining us at Stamps and Stencils.
    Hugs!
    Cec

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love your journal page Drea! Fabulous layering and gorgeous colours ! Thank you for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Toni xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is truly such a beautiful collage! I'm so happy to see your work in the top 3 spotlight at S&S! Congrats! Hugs, Autumn

    ReplyDelete